Since I wrote about what bugs me about The Secret and all the focus on cleansing our lives of negative thinking and negative thoughts, I thought it only fair to offer an alternative. So here are the 20 things I would include in my fantasy book “Psst! It’s Not a Secret!“:
- Be positive – but still allow your thoughts to run wild.
- Be open to people and ideas of all kinds.
- Don’t be afraid of negative thoughts. “The earth is not flat” was once one of those.
- Love yourself as you are.
- Let your voice be heard, but also listen well to others.
- Let yourself dream.
- Trust in yourself and your ideas.
- Do your best at whatever you take on.
- Take on things you truly care about.
- Challenge yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to try things and fail.
- Remember to laugh and play.
- Treasure your family and friendships.
- The amount of love you can give or get is infinite.
- Love others as they are, not as you wish they were.
- Have compassion for other people.
- Have compassion for yourself.
- Learn to forgive and practice often.
- Respect the earth and all living things.
- Give back to the world.
Not a secret. Not a law. Just some things I think make life more enjoyable. (-;
Feel free to add your own. This is a work in process.